Friday, February 23, 2007

TGIF: Weekend Wisdom


"Life itself is the proper binge.”
-Julia Child

Breakfast today was a decadent, sinfully delicious homemade cupcake. Ok, full disclosure: TWO decadent, sinfully delicious cupcakes: Chocolate with Cream Cheese Frosting and Vanilla with Vanilla Frosting, both with those multi-colored sprinkles that remind you of the third grade. I started to feel guilty about my sugary a.m. indulgence, and then I remembered the above statement by my heroine Julia Child.

I'll count the calories when I'm dead and catching up on all that sleep. Thanks for reminding me how to be proper Jules.

BTW, my favorite cupcakes in L.A. are at SPRINKLES
in Beverly Hills. I know this is old news, but their Red Velvets are to die for. If you know of rival bakeries, do tell. I'd love to do some taste testing...

No comments: